Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How to freezer paper stencil


I have had SO many people leave me their email address wanting direction on freezer paper stenciling. So I have decided to post directions. To make you will need:

Freezer paper
Exacto knife
Fabric paint
Paint brushes
Iron

First print out a picture of what you want to paint on the shirt, bag, onesie etc. (I got my pictures online) the more simple the picture, the more simple to cut out. Trace on non wax side of freezer paper and cut out using exacto knife. You will need to figure out which space will be negative and positive depending on what your picture looks like. After it's completely cut out iron the wax side of the freezer paper to the fabric, making sure all edges are sealed. Paint desired color, let sit until dry, and peel. Iron again after paper is removed to set paint.
Have fun. Good luck.

My Mom, Keslee and I made these when they were visiting last weekend. I didn't get this picture online... my Mom drew it, she is amazing!

5 comments:

Cory CL said...

Craziest Thing...I was leaving a comment on your last post and noticed a comment from a Sariah. I thought, huh...I use to work with a Sariah at Big Planet (A Division of NuSkin) back in 1999"ish". SO, I checked her blog out and...It's her! How do you know her?

kelly said...

loving the stencils... your new shirts look great. you guys are amazing!

The Expatts said...

It was so fun to hang out today, and thanks for an AWESOME job on my hair, you are so talented! :0) We seriously have to set up a say where we can all meet up.

P.S. I'm "tagging" you. Go to my blog for details! :) You're IT!

The Reichmans said...

I am so glad that you posted how to do this because I was just going to ask how you did it! thanks!

A and L said...

Thanks Chels. I'm going to have to try this one!