Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Crazy Santa Ana's


It is SO windy here! The Santa Ana's are blowing up to 70 mph tonight. Supposedly they are supposed to get up to 3 didgets by the end of the week. I have been sneezing all day and every time I go outside I get dirt or something in my eyes. Our Bishop said his tree blew over, took the power line with it and ended up on his neighbors truck. Wouldn't that be a treat to wake up to? Dave and I drove around tonight and saw so many trees laying on the ground. The winds have created SO many fires, they are all over. The wind just makes them spread. We got good news tonight that Noah will hopefully be getting a new cousin or.... cousins next year! We would love that! We are praying for you {You know who you are}. So something crazy happened on our way home from church. Dave and I had just pulled in to our complex and were making a left hand turn when this young girl in her {crappy} car came flying around the corner right at us. It was crazy, it was like slow motion! It was obvoius that she couldn't fit and would have to wait for us to turn but she just kept going. SHE HIT US! And then she started driving away! What kind of crazy person drives away? I gave her the hand signal to stop, so she did. And when I got out of the car she said to me "It didn't do anything". Ok, so I am just supposed to believe her and let her drive away?! No. Well we got out to see the damage and she hit our tire. It wasn't bad enough to do anything but I just can't handle the fact that she was going to drive away and just tell us through her {Rolled up} window that "It didn't do anything". What is wrong with people? she didn't even say she was sorry. Oooh my heart was pounding after that, I was so mad. Dave and I just looked at each other and laughed.

6 comments:

alise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alise said...

The smoke is so bad at our house right now! I saw an orange glow behind the hills between orange and Anaheim (off the toll roads). I hope you guys aren't suffering too much! My biggest pet peeve is crazy drivers. Why do people think the car pool lane is the speed zone? People are in such a hurry. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Laura said...

I am glad she didn't do more damage, what a piece of work! Keep safe with all the wind and fire! Does Carli have an announcement? Probably not, since her baby is still so young!

sara said...

it is so windy here too. it wakes me up at night. i'm going to need a nap today.

Carli said...

It's not me!!! Who's pregnant? I sure hope it is Heidi!

Lynn said...

Someone took our parking spot that we were waiting for for 15 minutes at the beach last week. Ben pulled up behind their jag and told them we had been waiting and what were they doing going around us. The lady said "sorry" in a what I thought was a snotty way so I rolled down my window and said "no you're not, we have two crying babies in the car and you just go take our spot like that" The kids actually weren't crying but it just makes you so darn mad when people do dumb stuff. In the end they actually gave us the spot but by they had already ruined the day... okay moment.

By the way, it is 82 and sunny here, no wind. :)